Gather your closest friends and family and head to Eastern State for an exclusive experience inside the abandoned penitentiary before or after your Night Tour.
Select locations inside the 11-acre penitentiary complex are available for private micro-rentals. With its mix of massive, crumbling cellblocks with vaulted ceilings and small, rarely seen hidden industrial spaces like workshops and mess halls, Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site (ESPHS) is sure to provide a truly one-of-a-kind backdrop for your small gathering.
Arrive early, and enjoy a happy hour, complete with drinks and snacks, before your Night Tour. Choose from two unique locations for your happy hour:
- Soup Alley | up to 25 people* - This often overlooked area of the penitentiary is tucked between Cellblocks 4 and 5. Enjoy an intimate gathering with impressive views of the historic central guard tower. Your group will be able to explore this space, view artifacts from the small serving kitchen, and see the narrow mess halls where prisoners ate together.
- Kitchen Courtyard | up to 50 people* - Located directly in front of the historic kitchen and storehouse facility that once served three meals a day to more than 1,700 prisoners, the kitchen courtyard, with its 18’ x 50’ tent complete with market lights, picnic tables and high tops, is the perfect space to enjoy an outdoor reception before experiencing a Night Tour.
Or stay late and sip on a night cap in the Cellblock 7 Courtyard Hospitality Lounge:
- Cellblock 7 Courtyard Hospitality Lounge | up to 15 people* - The Cellblock 7 Courtyard Hospitality Lounge is the perfect cozy hang-out spot for your group to enjoy time together. The rental fee includes the use of a small, indoor lounge space with high tops and stools and a small, private outdoor gathering area.
All spaces include a set portion of self-serve beverages and “Philadelphia Favorites” treats. Face masks must remain on at all times, except when actively eating or drinking. The primary contact for the rental and will be held responsible for distributing and adhering to all rules and regulations of ESPHS. Please see below for complete health and safety guidelines.
*capacity is dependent on current social distancing guidelines
Book Your Micro Event
Interested in booking an event at before or after Night Tours at Eastern State Penitentiary? Please complete and submit this online form. If you have questions or need support, contact us at [email protected].
The current capacity for special events varies and will be adjusted as social distancing requirements and restrictions change. While on site, all attendees must abide by the guidelines below and follow directions from our staff. If you are unable or unwilling to follow these guidelines, we ask that you wait until these restrictions have been lifted before renting the site for your event.
- Everyone ages 2+ is required to wear a face covering over their mouth and nose, even if they've received a COVID-19 vaccine. Face masks must remain on at all times, except when actively eating or drinking. During this time, guests must remain a minimum of 12 feet from anyone not in their party, including ESPHS staff.
- Physical distancing is required. Please keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) between your group and ESPHS staff.
- Hand sanitizer is available, and your group will be asked to sanitize their hands before entering the site.
- If you are sick or have had contact with some someone with COVID-19 within the past 14 days, please let us know as possible so we can reschedule or cancel your site rental.
- The signee will be the primary contact for this rental and will be held responsible for distributing and adhering to all rules and regulations of ESPHS during this rental.
Event rentals are for private, pre-existing groups only. Tickets cannot be sold to the general public. Eastern State will not advertise nor publicly endorse any private event rentals.
Although we typically plan event rentals to take place inside roofed buildings, Eastern State stands as a stabilized ruin without climate control. Events operate rain or shine, and we encourage guests to dress for the weather!