Eastern State Penitentiary is seeking patient, friendly, customer-focused, and well-organized Guest Support Assistants for the 2022 season of Halloween Nights. This position assists the Senior Manager, Group Sales and Events with administrative and customer service duties to support the Halloween Nights and daytime prison tour programs.
This is a seasonal position from September 6 to November 12, 2022. Training will take place during the month of September in the evenings after 6:00 pm. Once Halloween Nights opens in late September the hours are 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm on show nights. Days and shifts vary based on the month and show schedule (www.HalloweenNights.org/Schedule). In September and November expect to be scheduled for 1 to 2 shifts per week. In October expect to be scheduled for 3 to 5 shifts per week. Weekend availability is a must. Pay is $15 / hour.
Responsibilities: All responsibilities are via phone and email. This is an office based role.
- Address Halloween Nights and Eastern State Penitentiary daytime programming inquires with utmost courtesy and enthusiasm by phone and e-mail.
- Answer guests’ questions and answer inquiries about tickets, packages, add-ons and assist with ticket exchanges and refunds.
- Assist with group sales, which includes fielding inquiries.
- Additional duties as required. These tasks may include, but are not limited to, assisting with mass mailings, outbound sales calls, and data mining.
- This position requires a friendly, upbeat attitude and an ability to focus in a hectic environment.
- Must be able to handle all types of customers with strong composure and professionalism.
- Must be energetic, customer focused, hardworking, and be able to multitask.
- Experience with ticketing systems for cultural attractions or museums preferable, but not required.
- Must be a fast learner. Must be willing to learn and memorize Halloween Nights show nights, group discount nights, prices, and policies in a relatively short period of time.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have experience working multiline phone systems. Must be comfortable with being on the phone for lengthy periods.
- All employees must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include your availability and include why you are interested in this position. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
ESPHS strongly believes in second chances and, as such, is committed to providing appropriate employment opportunities to those who have been incarcerated. As a condition of employment, all individuals who accept an employment offer must complete a criminal background check. Eastern State will review any criminal record and make appropriate employment decisions in accordance with applicable law and its policies.