Chapel

In 1905, a free standing Industrial Building was constructed between Blocks Five and Six. The first floor of this building housed laundry operations. The second floor, seen here, was used for a variety of prison activities, including religious services, movies, concerts, and as a gymnasium.

Scroll down to see a photograph of the chapel during a mass in 1968. Written across bottom in black ink "1st Saturday July 1968 - Fr. McHugh."

Click and drag on the image to swivel the camera's view.
Having trouble?