In 1952, a powerhouse and maintenance shop were demolished to make way for the baseball field, which also doubled as the football field. A baseball backstop with field goal posts is visible directly in front of the central guard tower. A home run fence can be seen on top of the 30 foot high perimeter walls.
Scroll down to see a photo of the baseball field in use. Date unknown. Photo donated by Jack Fynn.