Administration Building Office

The Warden’s Office was originally located in the Administration Building. However, sometime between 1872 and 1885, the Warden’s Office was relocated to a new building between Cell Blocks 9 and 1. Amid security concerns, the Warden’s Office was relocated to the Administration Building between 1923 and 1924, where it remained until the Penitentiary’s closing in 1970. The Warden’s Office was located in the West Tower of the Administration Building.

Click and drag on the image to swivel the camera's view.
Having trouble?